- Egypt was the strongest nation then as America is today.
- Egypt was the source of food in times of famine as America is for many countries now.
- Egypt had many gods; we have American Idol and many movie stars, rock stars and sports stars while the things of the Creator God get little focus or press.
- Israel went to Egypt in a time of famine. In medieval Europe there was a famine for the Bible which was proscribed by the church, and pioneers found relief and freedom in America.
- Another king came to power who knew not Joseph nor did he recognize the rights and freedoms previously give to Israel. Some in America's leadership ignore its Constitution and principles of self-government where the citizen was sovereign with some powers given to the state which then delegated a smaller segment of power to Washington, and we didn't meddle with other nations.
- Israel came into bondage and was forced to work for Pharaoh. Today nearly half of America gets government aid in some form while the other half are taxed to provide food stamps, medical care and income to many who have learned to type into Google, How do I qualify for...
- Bondage includes mandatory healthcare but medical care is a leading cause of illness and death.
- Egypt was guilty of infanticide; America is guilty of abortion.
- When God got ready to deliver His people, He attacked the gods of Egypt. They worshiped the Nile and it turned to blood. America's main idol is money; we shouldn't be surprised to see it go.
- Egypt worshiped cattle and they became diseased. Many in America are powerless over appetite and we see increasing evidence of Mad Cow, TB, superbugs, flesh-eating bacteria as plagues.
- Egypt was not the Promised Land and Israel had no future there. Many today see little future for America. George W Bush bought 100,000 acres in Paraguay; maybe he knows something that we don't? America is not the Promised Land of which Paul wrote, "If you are Christ's, you are Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise," Galatians 3:29.
- Historically, Egypt was "the king of the south," but in the prophecy of Daniel 11:40 America fits the description as it is overflowed in the time of the end with immigrants whose primary loyalty is to the king of the north, shown to be Babylon in Ezekiel 26:7. In the time of the end, this isn't a city in Iraq--Babylon is redefined in Revelation 17.
Wednesday, July 3, 2013
America's Parallels to Egypt Imply Impending Calamity
Since historians and many people believe "history repeats," here are some similarities between Egypt then and America now.